National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker & Author, Dr. John Rosa, signs on as Co Producer for the making of It’s Happening Right Here
Rockville, MD, June 16, 2020—National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker & Author, Dr. John Rosa, is supporting Emmy® Award Winning Director, Nick Nanton, in the filming of It’s Happening Right Here. A new documentary that sheds light and awareness on the more than 300,000 American minors being lured into the sex trade every year.
Dr. Rosa mentioned to Nick Nanton the ties between sex trafficking and the nation’s opioid crisis. Dr. Rosa points out the increasing number of people effected by the Opioid Crisis and how there are common threads in sex trafficking of children. As a national expert on the crisis, Dr. Rosa described how he sees adults using their children in the sex trade for money to support their habit. He also mentioned how traffickers use opioid drugs to keep the children they exploit dependent on the process.
Nanton and his crew, interviewed with Tim Ballard, the founder of Operation Underground Railroad. Ballard and his organization will be highlighted in the film for their work in fighting trafficking, specifically in cases that involve women and children being brought into the U.S. from other countries.
The film crew went for a behind-the-scenes tour of San Diego’s Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force. The Task Force Commander spoke with producers about cases involving minors who are trafficked online and through social media.
An investigator with San Diego ICAC gave the crew and fellow producers a demonstration with one of the K-9s the task force uses for electronic detection of devices that store child pornography.
The interviews with Ballard and San Diego ICAC investigators will serve as two elements in this film which aims to give an overall view of the many ways trafficking is happening right here in the U.S.
Coming Fall 2020, It’s Happening Right Here follows the men and women who have joined together to make it their mission to rescue the millions of women, men, and children trapped in sex trafficking and make a difference in the lives of victims of this trade that is happening right here in our own backyards, in America.
About Dr. John Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/Manager of 17 clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Creator of 24/7 RnR (Relief and Recovery) an FDA approved analgesic cream. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and clinic management.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board. NYCC has awarded Dr. Rosa the status of Trustee Emeritus for his service.
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA, FDA, FBI & Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Authored Chapter in “The Recipe for Success” with “Chicken Soup for the Soul” author Jack Canfield
- Currently co-producing PSA music and cinema Opioid Crisis projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films) production company
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – educating primary care, urgent care and hospital medical staff on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain patients
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit using the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves. The nonprofit work will help remove the stigma of addiction while raising awareness of alternative pain treatments.
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
About DNA Films®:
DNA Films® is led by 15-time Emmy® Award Winning Director and Producer, Nick Nanton and 7-time Emmy® Award Winning Producer, JW Dicks. Dicks and Nanton have produced multiple award-winning films including Rudy Ruettiger: The Walk On, Operation Toussaint, A New Leash on Life: The K9s for Warriors Story, Triple Take, and Visioneer: The Peter Diamandis Story. Combined, they have produced and directed more than 500 television episodes and dozens of films.
Dicks and Nanton’s goal is to bring inspiring true-life stories to the screen as a means of encouraging and inspiring positive change.
Learn More: www.DNAFIlms.com
Dicks and Nanton Celebrity Branding Agency®