Opioid Crisis Expert and Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics, Dr. John Rosa Warns Readers That The Holidays Will Be Heartbreaking For Many Families
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert and owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics, talks about the newly released opioid death statistics which he brings to life by predicting that hundreds of Americans will suffer a heartbreaking holiday season as a result of the growing epidemic.
ROCKVILLE, MD. December 20, 2018: Owner of Accessible Beltway Clinics and opioid crisis expert, Dr. John Rosa, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “Hundreds Will Have A Heartbreaking Instead Of A Happy Holiday Season,” in which Dr. Rosa posts recently updated opioid death figures from the Centers for Disease Control.
Dr. Rosa writes, “I can’t tell you who those dear souls will be, but with opioid overdoses at an all-time high, there are more than 200 people dying every single day in this country. So, it’s a fact that many families are going to be grieving instead of celebrating this holiday season.”
“At the end of November,” says Dr. Rosa, “the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new figures showing that “drug overdoses killed more than 70,000 Americans in 2017, a record.” The report states that, “Overdose deaths are higher than deaths from H.I.V., car crashes or gun violence at their peaks. The data also show that the increased deaths correspond strongly with the use of synthetic opioids known as fentanyls.”
Dr. Rosa points out that, “While a majority in this country who are Christians will be celebrating the birth of Jesus, hundreds will be mourning the death of someone who brought light, love and laughter into their lives. The most heartbreaking thing of all is finding a way to stop the rising death toll, to stop the addiction.”
Read the entire blog at http://www.drjohnrosa.com/hundreds-will-have-a-heartbreaking-instead-of-a-happy-holiday-season/
About John P. Rosa
Dr. Rosa is the Owner/manager of 14 health clinics in the Baltimore/Washington DC metro areas concentrating on musculoskeletal injuries of acute, subacute and chronic nature. He oversees the Integrative Medicine practice group which includes general medicine, Chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating college, professional and Olympic athletes. Creator of 24/7 RnR (Relief and aiding Recovery) an FDA approved analgesic cream. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and clinic management.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years and serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Board service to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – educating primary care, urgent care and hospital medical staff on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain patients
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate/Consultant
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction