NATIONAL OPIOID CRISIS EXPERT, DYNAMIC SPEAKER AND AUTHOR, DR. JOHN ROSA REPORTS ON A RECENT STUDY THAT INDICATES VITAMIN D COULD BE INTEGRAL IN CONQUERING OPIOID USE DISORDER.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker shares information from a recent study in which Vitamin D deficiency is being seen as having positive effects on reducing the craving for opioids.
ROCKVILLE, MD. July 14, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “Opioid Addiction Could Be Curtailed By The Most Important Vitamin Under The Sun.” Dr. Rosa expresses his excitement about the results of a recent and important study.
Dr. Rosa states, “This country has been struggling with opioid addiction at epidemic proportions for the last three decades.” He continues adding, “According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, as of 2018, approximately 10.3 million people aged 12 or older had misused opioids in the past year, and 2 million had an Opioid use disorder (OUD).” https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/7/24/eabe4577
“But” Dr. Rosa asks, “how do we turn the tide? How do we help people successfully conquer addiction?” He doesn’t have the answer, though he offers, “I’ve been working tirelessly to find the answer to this question and educate people about alternative methods to control pain. I’ve been making appeals at the highest levels of government to enact legislation to amend easy access to opioids. So,” he goes on to say, “I have to admit that recent news about a study in which Vitamin D deficiency is being looked at as having the potential to increase the risk of dependency and addiction to opioids is pretty thrilling. That means that increasing Vitamin D levels could reduce the craving for the drug.”
According to Dr. Rosa, “The findings of the study, published in Science Advances, suggest that addressing the common problem of vitamin D deficiency with inexpensive supplements could play a part in combating the ongoing scourge of opioid addiction.” https://neurosciencenews.com/vitamin-d-deficiency-opioid-sun-seeking-addiction-18612/
Read the entire blog at LINK HERE
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction