National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa Writes About The Trauma Young Children Are Exposed To That Often Leads To Negative Behaviors And Later Drug Use And Abuse.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker discusses the events that occurred in 2020 that may impact developing children in much the same way that soldiers who have been to war are emotionally impacted.
ROCKVILLE, MD. February 15, 2021: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new blog on his website entitled, “Children Are At Risk Of Being As Emotionally Damaged As Soldiers Returning From War.” Dr. Rosa makes a plea to doctors and other adults who spend time with children to pay close attention to their behavior.
Dr. Rosa states, “You may think the title of this piece sounds ludicrous.” He adds, “Let me explain.” Dr. Rosa writes, “Children between the ages of 6 and 17 years of age are in a state of constant neurological development. They can easily be negatively impacted by severe trauma or repetitive micro traumas.” He continues, “If you take into consideration the events of 2020 alone, without having a clue what is going to unfold this year, you may quickly understand.”
“For starters,” says Dr. Rosa, “the year began with an invisible monster in the form of the COVID-19 virus. Following that, the civil unrest and political upheaval that occurred was deeply disturbing. The west coast of the U.S. was on fire and the gulf coast was under water.” According to Dr. Rosa, “These events were enough to wreak havoc on the most solid adult, let alone children who are not equipped to understand or make sense of the world around them.”
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises Accessible Beltway Clinics, which is comprised of 17 clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Best selling author
- Board member of the National Italian American Foundation
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit 501c which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction