National Opioid Crisis Expert, Dynamic Speaker And Author, Dr. John Rosa
Shares Evidence That Opioid Addiction Is An Addiction To Love And Connection.
Dr. John P. Rosa, opioid crisis expert, author and dynamic speaker embraces the evidence that proves the connection between feelings produced by opioids and the warm feelings of love and connection between mother and child and other loved ones.
ROCKVILLE, MD. January 11, 2022: Dr. John Rosa, dynamic speaker, national opioid crises expert, and co-author of The Recipe for Success with Jack Canfield, posted a new article on his website entitled “Addicted To Opioids Addicted To Love,” in which he embraces and encourages the need for greater compassion toward those who are addicted.
Dr. Rosa states, “Since I have been involved in efforts to help people manage pain without the use of drugs or surgeries, I have watched addiction to opioids grow at exponential rates.” He continues adding, “I always felt there was something stronger, more primal if you will, at the root of addiction other than merely a desire to “numb out” to the difficulties and challenges life presents. And then I came across a recent New York Times guest essay that cleared everything up for me.” He elaborates, “It gave me a totally new perspective on the susceptibility to addiction and the Sisyphean difficulty of getting off the drugs. The piece was written by Maija Szalavitz and is entitled Opioids Feel Like Love. That’s Why They’re Deadly in Tough Times. Dr. Rosa provides a link to the article at the end of his piece.
As Dr. Rosa notes, “The main point of the piece which Ms. Szalavitz makes is important and very clear. She writes, “If policymakers want to effectively treat and prevent addiction, they need to recognize why opioids have become attractive in such circumstances. By doing so, addiction can be viewed with greater compassion.” Dr. Rosa emphasizes, “I agree 100% with this opinion.”
“At the very start of the pandemic,” says Dr. Rosa, “I knew we were going to see increased addiction as well as overdose deaths. He explains why, “According to Ms. Szalavitz’s essay there is a connection between motherly love and opioids in the brain. She explains, “The connections between brain opioids and motherly love were first explored by the neuroscientist Jaak Panksepp decades ago. Dr. Panksepp, who died in 2017, told me that when he first tried to publish data connecting brain opioids to attachment, he was rebuffed by a top medical journal. His research showed that morphine, in doses so low that it didn’t cause sleepiness, eased separation cries made by baby animals in multiple species.” As Dr. Rosa goes on to explain, today this idea is widely accepted.
Read the entire article at: Link Here
About John P. Rosa
Dr. John Rosa owns and supervises ABC Management, which is comprised of 21 integrative health clinics in Maryland and Virginia that sees over 60,000 patient visits per year. ABC Clinics combine medicine, chiropractic, physical therapy, acupuncture and behavioral medicine to give a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to pain syndromes and musculoskeletal disorders. Active in sports medicine with consulting/treating athletes in several universities, NBA, MLB, NHL and USA Olympic Basketball. Creator of 24/7 RnR an FDA approved analgesic cream; a proprietary blend of the most potent materials resulting in the most effective product on the market for pain Relief and aiding Recovery. Founder of Accessible Wellness Solutions – an onsite corporate wellness program offering consulting, lectures and management of onsite clinics.
Leader in Chiropractic
Trustee of New York Chiropractic College for over 15 years serving final 3-year term as Chairman of the Board and given the honor or Board Emeritus post service. Awarded the highest recognitions in Chiropractic Medicine as Fellow of the American Chiropractic Colleges and Fellow of the International Chiropractic Colleges.
Integrative Medicine Specialist:
- Current Vice Chair of the Board to Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Consultant on Integrative Medicine to hospital cancer center
- Reduced opioid prescriptions by 70% by integrating Chiropractic, physical therapy and behavioral medicine in a primary care setting
- Expert/Speaker – Educating medical community on the Integrative Medicine approach to treating pain
- Executive Medical Director – Nu-Life Solutions – maker of a neuromodulation device to treat pain, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and withdrawals from opioid addiction
- Medical Advisor – Outreach Recovery – a group of expert clinicians and health care professionals who specialize in substance abuse and drug addiction treatment, mental health counseling, and psychiatric management. Largest addiction treatment group in the Mid-Atlantic region
Opioid Crisis Expert:
- White House Surrogate
- Law Enforcement Consultant (Homeland Security, CBP, DOJ, DEA and Postal)
- State and National Consultant to Opioid Task Forces
- Corporate and professional organization consultant
- Currently co-producing PSA music and cinema projects with the Russo Brothers (directors/producers of the Marvel Avenger films)
- Currently forming the Opioid Abuse Prevention Institute
- Founder of “Overdose Free America” a nonprofit which uses the power of celebrity and entertainment to bring the Opioid Crisis the visibility and support it deserves
- Co-Producer of “BACKBONE” The story of proactive healthcare vs. reactive disease care that was focused on our active and retired military. A documentary by Wellbeing Films
- Co-Producer of “It’s Happening Right Here” The story of how sex trafficking has infiltrated our country with almost no public awareness
- Volunteer at Crossroads Freedom Center – a residential facility in Maryland to help overcome addiction
- Board member – #Same Here Global Mental Health Movement – 501c3 dedicated to delivering resources and programing on better ways to treat mental health other than medication